CATCH THE VISION. ANSWER THE CALL. GIVE TO CHILDREN. REAP THE BENEFITS.
The Haitian government requires children at the elementary level to attend school. However, parents are responsible for the tuition, books and other costs. According to Haiti Partners (haitipartners.org):
- 50% of Haitian children are enrolled in school
- One-third of girls over six never go to school.
- More than 50 % of children attending school are overaged
- Approximately 30% of children attending primary school will not make it to third grade;
- 60% will abandon school before sixth grade
- Approximately 75% of all teachers lack adequate training; many have just a 9th grade or 12th grade education, with no teacher training at all.
- 9% of the population is unable to read or write, as compared to only 12% illiteracy in the rest of Latin America.
In rural areas like Mare Blanche the statistics are more depressed.
Become a Sponsor – Make a Difference in a Child’s Life!
How would it make you feel to know that you are opening doors of opportunity for a child who might never have the chance without you? Your support of $30 per month will make a positive life change when you sponsor a child. The child will have an opportunity to receive a Christian based education, food, medical health care and a chance to overcome many difficulties. You will give this child a future filled with hope and joy.
Yes! I will support a child who needs me.
Register on-line below or Mail check payable to:
Hope for Caribbean Kids, Inc.
101 Riverwood Drive,
Jefferson City, MO 65109
For information on sponsoring a child please select the following link: Initial Sponsor Flyer